The SEED program offers scholarships to students from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member states, which will enable them to engage in short-term research or course-oriented exchanges.
The main reason why this program was created is to reduce poverty in developing nations within ASEAN. SEED scholarships and educational exchanges will contribute to the achievement of all Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) while also fostering stronger connections between Canada and the Indo-Pacific region through personal interactions.
1 Program of Study
All programs run by Canadian institutions qualify for the Scholarship.
- Applicants must be a citizen of one of the ASEAN member states.
- You must be paying tuition fees to your institution at the time of application and throughout the entire exchange period.
3 Target Countries
International students from the following ASEAN member states are allowed:
- Brunei Darussalam
- The Philippines
4 Host Institution
Eligible institutions in Canada
5 Scholarship Value
The SEED program offers the following scholarship amounts for different study or research periods:
- CAD10,200 for college, undergraduate, or graduate students (master’s and Ph.D.) for a duration of 4 months or one academic term.
- CAD12,700 for graduate students (master’s and Ph.D.) for a period of 5-6 months of study or research.
- CAD15,900 for undergraduate and college students for a duration of 8 months or two academic terms of study or research.
6 Application Instruction
The application for eligible students must be submitted by Canadian institutions before the deadline. To apply for the SEED scholarship on behalf of eligible students, follow these application instructions:
- Designate a program coordinator to complete the applications.
- Create or log in to an account on Momentum to access the scholarship application.
- Once logged in, select the Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) in the “For Non-Canadians” section and click on “Apply Now.”
- Fill in the mandatory fields with the required data and follow the instructions for each item.
- Upload all necessary supporting documents. Each document must be smaller than 5 MB.
- Double-check the entered data for accuracy before submission.
- Click “SUBMIT.” and print a copy of the form for your records.
The closing date for the Scholarship is March 28, 2023
8 Scholarship Link
To get more detailed information about the Scholarship, visit the Official Website.