Table of Contents
If you will be writing Arabic as part of the subject combination for your Jamb Exam, then it is important to get your hands on the syllabus that contains all the expected topics you would come across in the exam.
The current Jamb Arabic syllabus would help you prepare better and even come with a list of suggested textbooks that would allow you to have a good score provided you prepared well.
This is designed to evaluate the following course objectives:
- Correctly respond to comprehension questions in standard Arabic.
- Translate simple texts between English and Arabic in both directions.
- Effectively apply the rules of Arabic grammar.
- Gain an appreciation for Arabic literary texts within their historical and environmental contexts.
- Demonstrate the practical use of Arabic as a language for communication when required.
The syllabus contains 5 sections:
Candidates should be able to choose the right words, understand the lesson, find the main ideas, create a fitting title, and explain word meanings in Arabic.
Candidates should have the ability to select the appropriate words in Arabic and English, understand idiomatic expressions, and effectively communicate in both languages.
Candidates should possess the understanding to recognize different forms of demonstrative and relative pronouns, as well as compare gender markers in Arabic.
Candidates should have the capability to use precise vocabulary for specific ideas, employ accurate idiomatic expressions in Arabic, communicate effectively, express ideas clearly, and demonstrate the usage of common Arabic idioms and proverbs.
Candidates should be able to recognize different aspects of Arabic literature, including poetry and prose, understand pre-Islamic Arabic literary traditions, analyze figurative language in Islamic literature, evaluate aesthetic features in texts, assess the use of Arabic in West African novels and dramas, and analyze the content, style, and plots of these literary works.
2 Download JAMB Arabic Syllabus
Below is the link to the PDF file for the Arabic exam, you can preview it on the site by clicking on the Download button to save it on your smartphone or computer.
Note: To view the document, you will need to download and install the PDF viewer from your Phone’s application store and since most phones come with a preinstalled app, you might not need to. Another alternative to view the file will be to download and install browsers like Microsoft Edge that now display pdf.
See the download links for other Jamb Subjects
- Agriculture Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Arabic Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Art Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Biology Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Chemistry Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Commerce Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Computer Studies Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- CRS Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Economics Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- French Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Geography Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Government Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Hausa Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- History Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Home Economics Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Igbo Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- IRS Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Literature in Engish Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Mathematics Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Music Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Physics Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Principles of Accounting Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Use of Engish Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Yoruba Syllabus for Jamb Exam