Table of Contents
You are probably wondering why it is called Use of English in Jamb, instead of English Language as it’s usually called during your secondary school days. The main point is they are both the same.
If you will be sitting for English in Jamb, you will need a Jamb Syllabus. Fortunately, you will be able to download or access it in this publication. The syllabus will introduce you to the list of topics that Jamb Questions will be set from.
Using the syllabus alongside other materials should help get a high score and, when combined with other materials, it should be enough to secure your admission into a Tertiary Institution.
1 How to use the English Syllabus
Confirm if you have PDF Viewer preinstalled
The syllabus is in PDF file format which implies that you will need a PDF Viewer to access the file. It can be viewed on a phone or computer, If you will be accessing it from a phone, you will need to download a PDF Viewer provided one does not come with your phone.
With a computer, there is no need to download a separate app as any of your updated browsers should be able to open the file.
Download the Jamb Syllabus
The Use of English Syllabus can be downloaded from this page. It is also available for free. What you only need to do is locate the download button. You can also preview it on this page but we suggest that you get a copy for easy access especially when you do not have internet data to browse the page.
Review the Content
Once you have downloaded the PDF file, take some time to review the main subject areas and become familiar with the topics.
This initial review should not be time-consuming. Keep in mind that the more intensive and effective reading is yet to come, where you’ll need to give your best effort.
Do not close without going through the last page
It is common for students to go through the page and leave out the last page which is not right. The syllabus is as good as useless if you have no textbook to contact.
The last page contains a list of suggested textbooks that can improve your study. You only need to choose one. If you can’t find any of them, there are other good alternatives available that you can utilize.
This step is crucial, so be sure to approach it carefully. The syllabus alone won’t be enough; use it in combination with past questions and the appropriate textbooks. If possible, select one of the recommended textbooks.
2 Download Use of English Syllabus for Jamb Exam
The link to the file is in this section. To download the Jamb English Syllabus, click the Download Button. You also have other options, open them on your device or print them out,
See the download links for other Jamb Subjects
- Agriculture Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Arabic Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Art Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Biology Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Chemistry Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Commerce Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Computer Studies Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- CRS Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Economics Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- French Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Geography Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Government Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Hausa Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- History Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Home Economics Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Igbo Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- IRS Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Literature in Engish Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Mathematics Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Music Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Physics Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Principles of Accounting Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Use of Engish Syllabus for Jamb Exam
- Yoruba Syllabus for Jamb Exam