Table of Contents
The National Examination Council has put in place a service called NECO e-Verify which is available for individuals, candidates, organizations, universities, colleges, or any other institutions/establishment who want to confirm and verify results that candidates claim to hold.
The best part of this service is that it is available online and can be accessed from anywhere. Imagine the scenario where a school abroad will want to verify your NECO result or certificate online, this service makes it easier and comes in handy.
For schools with several verifications, they can connect to the platform by asking for an API to easily confirm/verify NECO results. An Excel (CSV) template is provided to speed up the bulk verification process.
1 Why the need for NECO result verification
We are in a time where result forgeries are now rampant. Making changes to results is even easier now that we have several top-notch apps and software one can use to design or forge grades.
This service will allow schools and organizations to be able to confirm if the results tendered by candidates are genuine or not. Aside from that, it is also used to confirm if the candidates or students are who they say they are thereby eliminating identity theft and fraudulent activities.
2 Requirements needed for NECO online verification
Token: A token is needed and can be purchased using either Local or International Payment (USD) options. A token can only be used for one verification request. The cost of obtaining the token is NGN675.
Candidate Registration Number: The NECO Registration Number is a 12-digit code given to candidates after registration, unique for each student’s exam year.
Examination year: This is the year that your exam was written. Ensure the year selected is exactly the year that your exam was written.
Examination Type: Here, you have two options, if you are a school candidate, you will have to select SSCE Internal and if you are a Private candidate, you will choose SSCE External.
3 How to begin the NECO Online Verification
- Go to https://everify.neco.gov.ng/ to get started.
- Click the ‘Sign Up’ button on the NECO e-verify page.
- Sign up on the platform by going to Click here to register. Provide the required information and click “Sign up”
- Log in using your username (email) and password.
- Tap the ‘New Request’ button at the top-right corner.
- Choose your request option.
- Generate a payment token by clicking ‘Purchase Token.’
- Complete the payment through the provided gateway.
- After a successful payment, click ‘Continue to Apply.’
- On your homepage, select ‘Submit Application’ for the request.
- Fill out the application completely and hit ‘Submit Application.’
- A PDF report will be created based on your submitted details.
Note: Upon application submission, a tracking code is sent to your registered phone. Use it to monitor progress and communicate with officers if needed.
4 How to verify NECO results online
Follow the guide below to verify the NECO result online:
- On your browser, visit https://everify.neco.gov.ng/.
- If you are just verifying a few, maybe one result, you should click “Instant Verification”.
- Login using your username and password
- Provide details including the purchased token to verify a candidate’s result.