Table of Contents
Finally, you heard that the WAEC result is out. You are excited and at the same time, a little nervous despite how sure you were about the success of the exam. Then comes the only submission which is to check your WAEC Result.
The process is straightforward. You also do not need to go to Cyber Cafes as you can easily check your result online on your Smartphone. But how? This is exactly why we have decided to publish this article.
No internet? This should also not be an issue as you can also check your result by SMS. The only disadvantage is you will not be able to print it out or save it as PDF for use or print later.
1 What WAEC exam result can I check on my Phone?
As you may have known, there are two main exam types normally arranged by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC). They are both set up to conduct exams for West African Students.
May/June WAEC exam is for School candidates while the November/December is for private individuals. Both WAEC exam types can be checked online using your phone.
2 What do I need for checking my WAEC Result on my Phone?
- Your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number.
The e-PIN Voucher which is otherwise known as WAEC result checker PIN. This can be purchased from online payment platforms like Opay, Palmpay, and physical stores such as WAEC Office, lesson centers and any other authorized store.
- The Year you wrote the examination.
- Finally, a phone. Normally, an Internet phone will do but if you do not have one. You can still check your WAEC using a featured phone. You can make use of the same card for checking the same result later on a computer or phone.
3 Do I need to buy a WAEC result checker PIN?
No, you do not have to buy it if you still have a Smart Identity Card or Photocard as you may rather call it. There won’t be any need to purchase. A lot has changed in the past years and students are no longer mandatory to make an additional purchase of epin.
If you registered for the exam recently or a few years back, chances are that you were provided a smart identity card which is usually given to registered waec candidates by your school just before you start your WAEC exams.
If you do not have it, you can always purchase the WAEC result checker from authorized dealers.
4 How much is the WAEC result checker PIN?
The cost of the WAEC checker pin is ₦2,650 on online payment platforms like Palmpay and ₦2,700 on Opay. Candidates or Individuals who need in bulk can get it at the rate of ₦2,500 from the main office or online through the WAEC Nigera’s Request Management System portal. Do note that e-PIN can only be used to check one result up to 5 times.
5 How to check WAEC exam result on your Phone
With your Smart Identity Card, you can easily check your WAEC Examination Result. Follow the instructions below to access your result online:
1. Launch your phone browser and visit https://www.WAECdirect.org.
2. Provide your examination number. If you wrote your exam before the year 1999, it is an 8-digit WAEC Examination Number. Understand that the first 3 digit is your candidate number which will now be followed by your 7-Digit center number.
3. Select the year that the exam was written. When entering this, ensure you are using the correct year to avoid wasting your result checker.
4. Select your examination type. Choose between School Candidate Results and Private Candidate Results depending on what exam you sat for.
5. Provide the (PIN) on your e-PIN
6. Enter your e-PIN Voucher Number which is the same as the serial number on the card.
7. Finally, submit and wait for the window to display your WAEC result online via your mobile phone.
6 Steps to check WAEC Result using a purchased Result Checker Pin
With this new dawn, you are no longer required to buy another result checker unless you have no choice but to buy one. We have already established that it usually comes as part of the package during your WAEC Registration but issues like the ones below may put you in a difficult position:
- The smart card has been lost or damaged.
- The exam was written before the year 1999.
- Candidate has already exceeded the number of times they can check, usually 5 times only.
If such is the case for you, then you will need to buy a pin from any participating store and then repeat the process on the WAEC Result Checking Portal.
7 Step-by-Step Guide: Check Your WAEC Result on Your Phone via SMS
There should not be any cause for alarm if you are not using an internet-enabled phone or currently not connected online. Your WAEC or WASSCE result can also be accessed via the Short Message Service commonly abbreviated as SMS.
- Locate and open the “Messages” app. This app usually has an icon with an envelope icon.
- Tap on the “Compose” or “New Message” button and enter the message using the following format – WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear and send it to 32327.
- For Shortcode. This is very fast and can be achieved by dialing WAEC*Exam Number*PIN*Exam Year. For example, WAEC*2400101001*123456789012*2005. Do understand that the example is only to help understand the context.
- No space should be between them.
- The service costs N30 and can be used on MTN, Glo, and Airtel networks.