1 Field of Study
All undergraduate programs under the following faculties – Faculty of Science, Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, Faculty of Education, Schulich School of Business, Glendon, School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design, Faculty of Environmental & Urban Change, Lassonde School of Engineering, Faculty of Health, and Osgoode Hall Law School.
Below are the basic requirements for the York International Scholarships and Awards:
- To qualify for the scholarship, the potential beneficiary must be a student from an International country who will need to procure a study permit to study in Canada.
- Must have demonstrated academic brilliance and leadership qualities. For academics, the student must have had an “A” average or equivalent (where applicable) in relevant results while leadership qualities will require excellence in sports, arts, or other notable individual achievement.
- The student must have applied to an undergraduate degree program in the Fall period (September, October, or November).
- Must have applied to the University directly from Secondary School no more than 12 months. This implies that the intended beneficiary must have no previous admission or studies in any post-secondary school (not applicable to Tentanda Via Award)
- Must attach every required document including a letter of recommendation and must ensure it is marked “Received” in the York application (MyFile).
- The International Student Scholarship Application must be submitted before or on the deadline.
3 Target Countries
Citizens or students from other countries including developing countries can apply for the York Scholarship.
4 Host Institution
The institution providing the scholarship and where the studies will take place is York University in Canada.
6 Application Instruction
The application is basically online, you should follow the steps below to apply for the York University scholarship:
- Apply for admission into the school.
- Complete the scholarship form online.
- Submit the necessary documents required. They include English Proficiency Certificate, Personal Statement, Transcripts, and Reference Letter.
- Recheck before making your submission.
Application for the Scholarship will close on February 1, 2024. It is important to submit your application as soon as possible to stand a better chance of securing the scholarship.
8 Scholarship Link
For more information about the Scholarship, you can visit the official scholarship website.