1 Program of Study
This is not subject-specific, therefore all fields of study are eligible for this scholarship.
Understand that eligibility may differ based on the school and the scholarship, however below are the most common criteria used for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship:
- The applicant must speak and understand English language at the time of application.
- Must be a foreign student with a valid Canadian student visa.
- Must be aspiring to run a doctoral program in any of the schools in Ontario, Canada.
- The applicant should be willing to pursue a Ph.D. or Doctorate on Full Time (FT) Basis.
- Must not be a current student at any university or college in Canada at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Applicants should currently not be a beneficiary of any other Canadian scholarships.
- The applicants must not have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at any university or college in Ontario immediately before applying for admission to the doctoral program under the Ontario Trillium Scholarship (OTS).
- Must have achieved at least 8.0 out of a total grade point of 10.0 in the full-time master’s degree which is equivalent to 80% used in Ontario.
3 Target Countries
Citizens or Students from non-EU/EEA and EU/EEA Countries can apply for the scholarship.
4 Host Institution
All Ontario-based universities in Ontario.
5 Scholarship Value
CAD 40,000 per year and renewable for up to 4 years. To get it in subsequent years, the recipients must maintain their academic standing and also must meet the eligibility criteria.
6 Application Instruction
Most top institutions like the University of Toronto, and York University, have a process in place allowing them to automatically select exceptional students who have applied for admission. This means that if a student is able to meet the eligibility criteria including the academic requirements, they are automatically considered for scholarships without the need to apply/submit a separate application. This process ensures that deserving candidates receive the recognition they deserve.
For other schools, there may be a different process as they may need to complete and submit documents like standard application forms, transcripts, stud permits, Proof of standardized tests like IELTS, and letters of recommendation, to name a few. Each school does provide instructions to follow at the time of application.
Therefore, for more information, you can contact the university’s graduate studies department through their Contact Us page.
The closing date for the Scholarship will depend on the School.
8 Scholarship Link
For more information about the Scholarship, simply visit the Official Website.