1 Program of Study
Any program that requires extensive study or research at the Undergraduate, Master, or Ph.D. level.
To be eligible for Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP), applicants must meet the following conditions:
1. The applicant must be a citizen of an eligible Latin American or Caribbean student.
2. The potential beneficiary or applicant must be enrolled in a full-time program at a college or university in an eligible country.
3. You must be paying tuition fees to the institution at the time of application and throughout your entire exchange period.
3 Target Countries
Antigua and Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos
4 Host Institution
Designated Canadian post-secondary institutions with a valid student exchange agreement with the home institution of the students.
5 Scholarship Value
- College/undergraduate: $8,200 (Four months or one academic term)
- Graduate Level: $8,200 (Four months or one academic term) or $11,100 (Five to six months)
Notes: The scholarship can be used on travel expenses, living expenses, transportation within the country, and for academics.
6 Application Instruction
An assigned program coordinator will handle the application on behalf of students. Below are the steps to follow
- Login or create an account on Momentum to access the scholarship application.
- After logging in, select the “Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program” in the “For Non-Canadians” section and click on “Apply Now”.
- Fill in all the mandatory fields and follow the instructions provided for each item.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Double-check the entered data for accuracy before submission.
- Click on “SUBMIT”. You will receive a confirmation message along with a reference number for your submitted application.
- For record-keeping purposes, use the print function in your browser to print the form.
The Scholarship will close on March 21, 2023 (Currently closed for application).
8 Scholarship Link
For more information about this Scholarship, you should visit the Official Website.